Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

Why is my boyfriend behaving like this?

So on Saturday night, I went to my other friends place and stayed over (he is gay too). But he is just a mate of mine, we all had a party too. The same night my boyfriend literally texted me all night about where I was and who I was with even though I told him I was with friends. I had to power off my phone in the end from him.

The next day then was his birthday and we had arranged to meet and do something. But he texts me that morning asking where I am and when I told him I was still at my friends place he told me he wont be meeting me on his birthday and that he has made other plans with other friends. He said I could come along but I said no it was ok. I felt he was being a bully because I went out with my friends etc and he couldn't as he was working the following day,

Hes even trying to control me lately, telling me what to wear and do and who to hang about with etc etc and when he doesn't get his way then, he plays these childish games with me. Ive had enough of his behaviour and im going on vacation this weekend with family. I don't want him upsetting me when im away. He lives an hour away from me I don't really wanna see him anymore if I am honest.

What should I do?

• Foofa

You need to break up with this guy and get on with your life.

I'd say that's the line between merely dating someone and being in a committed exclusive relationship with someone. In a relationship you are very forthcoming about where you are, who you're with, what you're doing, and your partner is welcome to join you at any time without advance notice. If you ACT like he's just someone you're dating and not someone you're in a committed relationship with, then your actions speak louder than words. And what your actions said is "You're an occasional date, not my boyfriend." So you can't blame him for feeling himself free to behave as if he is NOT your boyfriend. 

If you wanted to break up anyhow, then I don't see what the problem is. If you don't care about him much, then you're not going to be upset about his behavior.

Unless of course you're the drama llama I suspect you are. 

• Ana

I know gay guys don’t get this, but if you’re in a committed relationship, you just don’t go over to someone’s house without your partner, if you are attracted to that person’s gender.

(Some degenerates or forever-alone people might think otherwise, but normal classy people understand.)

IE- if you’re a gay guy, the only persons house you should be going to alone is a FEMALE (a platonic female friend at that).

If you wanna hang with “friends” of the gender you’re sexually attracted to, then you go do golfing or hiking or meet up to play basketball with them during the DAYTIME or something. Not sneak off to a guys house at night and then ignore your boyfriend and shut your phone off. 

If you’re going to a dudes house, staying out all night and then turning your phone off, then no offense but everybody knows you cheated on your boyfriend. You weren’t just playing parcheesi and monopoly all night. You got a c*ock in your Butt hole. And you have some audacity to deny it. You’re lucky he doesn’t kill you or dump you

Tell him "I don't really wanna see him anymore" and be done with it.

Tell him what you've told us. He's insecure and controlling (because he's insecure) and you've had enough of it haven't you. Why continue in this awkward relationship when you know he's not going to change and will constantly be hard work with you having to check in all the time. That's no way to live a life and going away on holiday is a good time to dump him. Agree with him that it's not working out and just tell him it's time to say goodbye and thanks for the memory - then go off with your family.