How does retirement work in corrections?

If a correctional officer in california have to do 25 years before retirement but someone from another state move there with 10 years corrections experience would they have to start all over or would they only need to do 15 more years?

3 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    To retire with full benefits you have to work the full gig. But this person could always retire early with lesser benefits.

  • D50
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

    California will not give them 10 years of seniority from another state. They'll have some pension benefits from the other state and some from California. They can quit anytime and, if the pension rules allow it, collect.

  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

    Most of the times the answer would be no. But you would have to check to see if there is reciprocity between states and pensions

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.