Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Why don't Jews and Christians kill witches anymore?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

"Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them" (Jeremiah 5:14)!

• 8 months ago

I don't know about the Jews, but Christ doesn't require it. Besides, thanks to my ex, I found out that I'm not a murderer.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Being a witch is not illegal, but killing is.

• 8 months ago

Plenty of African Christians kill 'witches'. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-centralafrica-w...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

• User
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Jewish people - follow Mosaic Law (which does not permit the typical Jewish person to willy-nilly murder people that he or she believes to be witches...or anything else). So: they don't do so because both civil law and Mosaic Law do not allow it.

Christians - killed witches out of fear (often: mob fear) and were never instructed by the Bible to do so in the first place. Fortunately, historically, there were some sensible Christian leaders who realized that such should be outlawed, and eventually it was in most nations.

Note, though, that there are still witch murders in modern times, mostly in African nations, mostly by Christians, mostly (again) cases of mob violence.

• 8 months ago

It's illegal now. Can you imagine what things would be like if rational secularism hadn't prevailed? Every strong or opinionated woman would be dead.

• 8 months ago

Because it failed. Witches do not exist, and they realized that back in the 1690s.

• 8 months ago

What do we burn apart from witches?

MORE WITCHES!

• 8 months ago

No such thing as witches, warlocks, demons, dragons, orcs, vampires, werewolves or unicorns. Only unenlightened people kill others that they are afraid of. Plus civilized countries have laws you know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.