Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

I broke up with my boyfriend but then I got back together because of guilt?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 4 months. Everything was great at the start, but now I feel like the sparks gone. So I broke it off with him. He didn’t see it coming at all and I felt bad for him because he kept saying I love you to me. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings but he told me has slept with someone and he has sometimes suicidal thoughts. I felt bad for him and cared for him so I got back together with him but now I feel like there’s a hole in our relationship and I don’t feel anything anymore. I promised to him I wouldn’t break his heart but I don’t want to be in a relationship where I give fake love. What do I do?

• Foofa

You've been emotionally manipulated and need to stand up for yourself. Those who threaten suicide to get what they want almost never do it. But in an abundance of caution you could either tell his parents or a school counselor he said this (if he's a minor)... Or if he's an adult you'd call the police and report that he's threatening suicide and needs help. This isn't your problem and you don't have to stay with him.

You have to let him go. If you are really afraid he will hurt himself, tell his family. You can't stay with him just because he makes threats.

So you went back with someone you're not even feeling attraction toward because you feel sorry for them? Doesn't this feel like torture to you? It sure would to me.

And i wouldn't want someone to get back together with me after a break up if they "felt sorry for" me. I'd prefer it if they'd just move on and let me go.

You really need to know that, someone who threatens suicide is being manipulative and honestly? I feel like a person who does this is mentally abusive toward whoever they say it to.

If you're all worried about his mental health then tell his parents he's threatened suicide, and get out of that relationship. Unless you like torture, and in that case, stay

• Ana

Look it’s okay, you’re a hoe it’s just your nature. You can’t be committed to one man. Explain your mental issues to him. He will understand

• Brian

He has severe issues that you can't help him fix. He needs professional help. You should end it with him and strongly suggest he seek a professional to help him get over his suicidal thoughts and negative behavior patterns. Do you in this case and move on. Care about him but don't be a mommy for him.

You are still emotionally attached you need to move past that.

Nice did you guys do it yet?