Christian asked in SportsBaseball · 8 months ago

Does the Astros cheating hurt Verlander's chance at the Hall of Fame?

Obviously before any of this came out Verlander was a HOF lock, but he was knowingly part of an organization that cheated.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Probably not, because he wasn't a hitter.

• I don't think it will, his body of work speaks for itself.

• 8 months ago

Cheating helps with the hitting, not pitching so he should still be good to go once his time comes, even though one can argue that the run support from the said hitting contributed to those wins.

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

For starters, we should wait until the MLB investigation is complete before declaring the Astros cheated.  Second, the issue is purely about 2017.  Third, the issue is sign stealing, which has no effect on Verlander's ability to pitch.  His 15-season WAR is 71.4.  That's why he is a Hall of Famer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Not really. Honestly if I had to vote on putting Verlander in, my answer is no. For all the success he's had, 0-6 in the World Series?? That's not good.

• 8 months ago

Not really, because the accusation revolves around sign stealing, which benefits hitters over pitchers.

Depending on how deep this investigation goes, the big loser could be the inspirational Jose Altuve.  Although no one who follows the game doubts his heart and work ethic, some of his hitting feats just do seem a bit "too good to be true."

• BB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

There's no crying in Baseball....no crying.

• 8 months ago

It's completely irrelevant

• 8 months ago

Not in the least. Your statement is false.

• 8 months ago

Not likely.                .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.