If eBay seller does not have a business account to accept payment, how is he able to list an item to sell on eBay?

The ebay seller has never sold anything on ebay before. I bought someone and it's pending transaction on paypal. He's telling me he doesn't have a business paypal account to receive payment and asking if I want to do paypal me. What is he doing?

I still have the option to cancel the payment and i don't want to do a transaction outside of ebay system  since the ebay guarantee. 

And I also find it strange how when I made the payment, there are no need or address linked to the ebay transaction. Really curious how he was able to list an item to sell on ebay.

*no name linked to the ebay transaction

Yes, they can use their personal bank account.

• Ray1 month agoReport

Well the guy accepted the payment and said he'll be sending me the product. strange. i thought he was going to scam.

• Tavy

I have sold on eBay, I don't have a business account but use PayPal.

I don't think you understand how it works.

UK

• Ray1 month agoReport

or how i was able to make a pending payment if he doesn't have an account to receive it.

• JetDoc

A majority of sellers on Ebay are private citizens, with no formal business connections. Payments for items sold on Ebay can be by cash, check, money order or from online banking sites like PayPal.

• Ray1 month agoReport

But why would he be required to set up a business account to receive my payment? I also find it strange because usually they are private accounts right?

I don't have a business account and I have been accepting payments on eBay since 2008. I don't get what your issue is.

• Ray1 month agoReport

Really uncomfortable how he is able to see my name and address but nothing about him at all. When I made the payment last night I got a text from paypal asking if I made the transaction. I responded with YES.

Cancel and report immediately.  They are trying to scam you using the PayPal "Friends and Family" function.  Common scam.