Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Do you think he is just trying to be polite?

I have been running into a guy frequently on my college campus, and we have met previously met at a friend's parties. Since then, we have been waving/saying hi, and smiling whenever we see each other. We would chat briefly every now and then.

Now, yesterday, he asked to eat lunch with me when I was eating lunch on my own in the cafeteria. We don't know each other well, so we tried to get to know each other but there were few awkward pauses. He also offered me some of his food !

He is in the class above me, and he had no reason to sit with me because there were other spots, and we barely know each other. Is he just trying to be polite/ nice or is he interested in more than friendship? What do u think?

i think I like him but not sure how to make the relationship progress

Favorite Answer

This person chose to sit with you at lunch and offered you some food.  This could suggest he likes you.  Given your uncertainty, consider asking him out for a coffee and casual conversation somewhere neutral and see how you feel/how you gauge his behavior towards you. Ultimately, when in doubt, ask.

maybe he likes you

If he actually offered some food then maybe it's more. Maybe.