Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 months ago

The Dallas Cowboys are probably going to hire Josh McDaniels. Good hire or no?

My sources close to the organization say it will be between McDaniels and Urban Meyer with Jerry leaning towards Josh at the moment. My common sense tells me why in the **** would you hire Urban Meyer? So... 

Maybe any change should be welcomed

I don't think it will happen. McDaniels knows which side his bread is buttered on, and that's in New England, as far as Urban Meyer is concerned, he's not going to play second-fiddle to Jurrah in running the team. He flat out doesn't need to. If he chooses to coach in the NFL, there's at least 9 or 10 other teams lined up to hire him, including the other 3 teams in the NFC East.

Ahh, the age old question...

Patriots @ss. coaches are highly regarded and I've never understood why. Four of Bill Belichick's New England minions -- Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, and Bill O'Brien -- have snagged head coaching gigs and in 19 combined seasons have posted a 122-162 mark. The only head coach with a winning career mark is O'Brien.

Additionally, former Belichick toadie Charlie Weiss had a career 41-49 mark in 8 seasons as a head man in the collegiate ranks.

New England@ss. coaches seem competent when Belichick is pulling their strings but have shown, time and again, that they lack the leadership skills and intelligence to make it on their own. 

I'd love to see Jackass Jones hire McDaniels but I think he'll go with Meyer because he's a better fit for the thug corporate philosophy that the organization employs.

• Kathy

Not really............

• Bob

I would not count on them hiring him, and if they did I don't think it's a great idea because he was a failure in Denver.

No from my understanding that he was a big disaster in Denver, and yet while he said last offseason he learned from that job. Bit yet has he really proved that he has learned form when he was head coach. And so far nobody has given him a  chance since them, and not even the Packers when they were looking for a new head coach. 

He was a disaster in Denver because he had full personnel control and NO SKILL at picking players.  So it will be interesting to see if he doesn't get full control whether he might be a good head coach.

good if he does a good job

As a Denver Broncos fan - NO!