What is the best way to bond a fin that has broken off a car fan?

My car has an inter cooler fan that is made out of very thick plastic, somehow when I was doing some maintenance it fell and a blade cracked off the fan. 

Is it safe to use superglue and baking soda to glue it back on? 

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

super duper glue brother 

• John
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Probably time for a new fan.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Replace the whole fan unit, bonding will put the fan out of balance! Plus it most likely will come off again any way!

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No. BECAUSE IT IS BALANCED  Equal weight of each fin make for less bearing wear.  Replace the fan with another.  Costly error on your part.  Maybe visit a junk yard and find a good one for very little money compared to buying a new one which is probably pricey as all get out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • J
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Mill-Spec epoxy should work DP-190

Needs to cure to 100% before running the fan.

• 8 months ago

Nah, replacement is the best option. Epoxy might work but it has to be balanced when running full tilt or it will wobble excessively. Something like that is a good junkyard item but check online with Car Parts.com to see if they have a cheap option. Some new parts might actually sell for LESS than old junkyard parts. Depends on the junkyard owner. 

• 8 months ago

Forget it. Even if glue DID hold, which isn't likely, there would be balance issues, causing the motor to fail.

• 8 months ago

No. The blade will come apart again while spinning and likely put a hole in the inter cooler or radiator.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 8 months ago

i would get a mechanic to do it

• 8 months ago

Try that. It might work, but the balance will be off and it will vibrate. I would use acrylic cement.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.