Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 2 months ago

How do I get over the feeling that I will never amount to anything in life?

I am a sophomore in high school and I just got my PSAT score back and I got a 950. I felt so stupid and when I told my parents they looked disappointed in me even though they didn’t say anything. I always hear my parents talking about how smart my brother is, but never about me. I feel down on myself and that I’ll never amount to anything in life. How do I get over this feeling?

There's always fast food.

Find something you are passionate about and pursue that. Not every talent is going to translate to high PSAT/SAT scores or whatever. But that won't stop you from being happy. But you do have to find something. But that also doesn't mean you have to find it today. 

Literally me too. Im a junior and I'm studying for the SATs but I'm only getting 1100 and 1200s when my dream university requires a 1400+ score on the SAT. Don't worry though, the PSAT isn't a big deal and its essentially a practice SAT, but with colleges looking to give grants to students with high scores. You can retake it next year and just study smarter!! You can't just stay feeling down. I used to be a 1000 on my SAT but Ive been studying over the summer and got 200 points up. Take action and be motivated to do better! good luck!