Microwaves keep breaking?

Since ive moved to a new apartment complex, ive gone through two new microwaves in 4 months, the last one lasting barely a month before it stopped heating food. Ive checked the outlets and the voltage is normal. I only ever cook scrambled eggs in them, about 4-5 times a day, 5 mins each. I clean up the condensation from the steam that comes from the eggs every time because i thought that might be the issue. But the second one still broke. Any ideas why they keep breaking?

Not all microwaves are the same quality. Cheap means cheap. Get a better brand(or a different brand and keep the receipt so you can take it back should it break. Maybe you the lucky winner of the "PoS" microwave. "TWICE" no less.

a lot of know nothing answers out there. First of all, the only fuse in a microwave is the Thermal fuse to the klystron tube (the thing that makes the microwaves) and it runs $40 to $50 depending on the model. Past that there are door interlock switches. Being that you've had 2 different failures assuming all things being equal (same model, mfr, etc) it does sound like bad luck or maybe you have some knock off brand that makes the item too cheap. As a technician its habit to always look for something common and the only thing common that might cause the 2 failures described is the circuit board. could be failed components, bad solder jobs, assembly issues or bad contacts. I'd recommend trying a different maker.

• hart

your home power supply is cross-wired

you need to ask a expert

I don't know anything about microwaves, never owned one and I use the one at work sparingly.

Having said that, my question is;  You cook scrambled eggs 4 to 5 times a day?

Buy Panasonic next time.

bad luck would be my guess. change brands when you get a new one

try buying more expensive ones

Define breaking.  Turn table stops turning or no mirowaves cooking food? Have you taken them back under warranty? Try another brand. [I buy a decent brand for less than $100 on sale, and then just replace them when they fail after about 3 years.]  No real ideas. I would guess a power surge somewhere. Is it 110v plug in with a ground? Is there a GFI (ground fault interrupter) somewhere {although I have no idea why that might cause a problem.}  >> have you talked to the landlord and your neighbors?   Maybe just bad luck.

• SumDude
      1 month agoReport

I replaced the motorized spindle in an expensive unit TWICE, with minimal luck (like your experience).  I now buy the Emerson brand on sale for under $100. [A disposable society !]

No. No ideas. Maybe you just got unlucky and got two faulty microwaves in a row.