Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 months ago

Bright red blood in diarrhea?

I have what appears to be bright red blood in my diarrhea. It is bright red. This has been going on for 4 days now. Tomorrow will be 5 if it is still happening. I have not consumed any foods that could have causes this. I have nausea. Also have cramps on the right side. Any ideas what it could be? Should I go to the doctor as soon as I can?

Did you let a dude "what, what, in your butt"?

There are some GI infections known for bloody diarrhea, and you dont know what foods could carry this really, you would be surprised. Due to the fact its day 5, yes you should be seen. Less likely is hemorrhoids because of the cramps and nausea. Other reasons need to be worked up.

Worth considering: constipation is the chief cause of hemorrhoids that are internal and external and can bleed a lighter color of red.Persons who spend a lot on time on the toilet because of constipation can cut the anus when solid bowels cut the tissue of the anus. I know you do not have solid bowels with diarrhea, but consider whether you become constipated and force dry bowels out your rectum. Worry most if you see black bowels during bowel movement. Black bowels indicate bleeding within the digestive system. Black bowels resemble coffee grounds. There is a test for this called occult-blood tests. Ask your doctor.

harrald

Could be several things.

You should have seen the doctor days ago.

Yes, see them as soon as possible.

• Tavy

It could be hemerhoids, you need to take Imodeum to stop the diarrhea.

You should always consult your doctor about blood in your faeces or urine. Bright blood is often related to small ruptured blood vessels near the anus which, while not serious, can be uncomfortable and inconvenient. Even so, you should seek a proper, qualified medical opinion. Hope you feel better soon.

Yes, try to get to the doctor as soon as possible. I don't think you need to get up and go to the ER this very second unless you lose an excessive amount of fluids or blood or start to see black stool. 

definitely go to the doctor. you may not have realized something you ate could do this but it does sound like the symptoms of a food borne illness. you should definitely see a doctor to be sure that you get it taken care of soon. good luck!