Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicJazz · 10 months ago

Why is Billie Ellish so popular ?

Her music is pretty average and very dull to me. So I don’t really understand why she became famous overnight. 

Suicide music.

She stripped, while pretending the message was against that,

because really she has no moral compass of any kind, just frig for the camera, gimme $

hello! now this sounds pretty lame and r/im14andthisisdeep but TRUST me its not. now, i dont think that her music is amazing. but the big reason i listen to her is because of her lyrics. oh course they're not perfect but i feel understood and not alone whenever i listen to music i can ACTUALLY relate to. im not depressed but i have a lot of times where i struggle and feel lost so her music and so many other artists help me.

Often for something to be very popular then it needs to be very mediocre - so that the greatest number of people can "get it." 

Grunge and new teenage angst. Her black wings.

I can see why she's famous, but she's def overrated.

Because she has a beautiful voice

• no

It's because she's different and her music is different. it doesn't hit right with some people and that's fine, it's your opinion, but since you asked, it's because a lot of people like her songs.

I love her music. She's like a chip off of her mama, Lana Del Rey.

And Lana es mi favorita.

Her lyrics are pretty tight. Like Bury a Friend? 😄 Epic.

I'm not really a fan of her. I only listen to one or two songs from her. But at the same time, there's a lot of people who love her music. She's stacking bills and she's only 17. Congratulations to her. 

You have to understand the audience that drives the sale of musical nonsense. It is usually under aged middle-class females. They are the ones stupid enough to buy this crap. Their parents happen to oblige them with money that they don’t earn themselves.

For instance, this is one of the reasons why the movie titanic was so successful. These young teenage females would go watch it over and over and over.