Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

Time Magazine has chosen Greta Thunberg as Person of the Year. She has done nothing but complains about environment. Has liberalism gone mad?

completely.  thankfully Trump managed so far to save us from the fate of their dynastic continuation.

shes still a virgin...

• David

Y'know, I was ready to ask the exact same question?  What has she done other than complain about the environment and accuse various political leaders of being irresponsible by not doing enough to help the environment?  There's got to be more to this girl than that.  Right?

So I did some quick research, and this is what I found.

-  At age 15, she dropped out of school, labeling this irresponsible behavior as a protest about the environment.  I'm not sure what attending school has to do with harming the environment, but anyway...

-  Her irresponsible behavior inspired many other students to also drop out of school.  Truancy in the name of environmental change.  

-  It is reported that by 2019, over one MILLION students world-wide had dropped out of school because they were inspired to do so by the irresponsible actions of Greta Thunberg.

Is Greta Thunberg the Person of the Year?  Oh HECK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think anybody could dispute that.  But she seems to be person of the year for all the wrong reasons.  

My take on this young lady?  (and speaking as a father of two)  If she was my daughter...

-  First, I would paddle the sh*t out of her bare behind.  She needs to understand that it is NOT HER CHOICE to suddenly decide that school is not right for her.  I don't think words would work, I think she needs a little old-fashioned corporal punishment to shock her back to REALITY.  Truancy is NOT tolerated, PERIOD.

-  Second, I would drag her (kicking and screaming, preferably) back to school.  I would quit my job to watch her 24/7, if necessary.  I would be her shadow, constantly...to make sure that she both attends school and takes her studies seriously.

-  Third, she would be grounded "until I die".  Her personal truancy alone deserves for her to be a prisoner in her own home (other than going to school that is) for quite a long length of time.  (a few months, minimum)  When she is outside of school, she is allowed to eat, sleep and study.  She has NO electronics to help her study, only hardcopy printed books.  NO computer, NO cell phone, nothing electronic.

-  The reason she is grounded "until I die" is that she needs to atone for all the millions of kids she inspired to follow her lead into truancy.  You cause a headache for somebody else's parents?  You need to atone for that.  I would ground her for a length of time (a few months) for EACH child that she inspired to drop out of school.  Or to keep the Math simple, she is grounded "until I die".

That's my honest opinion, for what it's worth.  I know she has good intentions, she is fighting for climate change.  Her methods though are questionable.  Imagine what she could accomplish if she channeled her energy into being responsible and playing by the rules?  Did she have to choose truancy as her first plan of action?  Why couldn't she have chosen a career in politics instead?  She wants change, she should try to work within the system to make change.  Right now, she's just a spoiled little brat who thumbs her nose at the rules of society (with her parents' approval??!?!?!?) and gets rewarded for being irresponsible and inspiring millions of peers to be irresponsible.  

Sigh... 

ITS TIME MAG... They dont count just another magazine trying to keep their numbers up so they can make more money off people. THEY just like many want the controversy because arguments hel sales. AND MANY people are scared to admit.. MOTHER NATURE has had cycle for millions of years.

Another moron who thinks the environment is unimportant. ‘Anonymous’, too. Figures.

Apparently she made you upset, you poor thing. She likes to rile up pansies and pusseez. So I guess she is effective after all.  Conservatism has gone limp, they no longer have any values other than what Trump tells them, that makes them the party of Crooks and Liars. They are now the party of Big Govt, Big Spending, and Huge Deficits, Anti-Nato....all the things they spent last 50 yrs championing. In other words pathetic!

Yes they have.  Using Children or youngsters will always impact people's emotions just as seeing a cute puppy or baby animal.  You'll find that a lot of News Media outlets now thrive on trends rather than accomplishments, and are more subjective then objective. Poor journalism at it's best.

no it has not. but it is based on misconceptions that climate change is real.

She made a big splash and handled it well. She learned more that she can improve on. It took a lot of guts good or bad she said what she had to say.  The older she is in the right direction the better she'll be. She will "learn" and that in itself is important.

Stupid Thunberg!  What does she have against melting glaciers, rising seas, and increasing droughts and heat?  She must be crazy.