Is a 17-18 Honda Civic a good car?

I’m thinking about getting one as my next car. My budget is $16 and there is a lot of dealers in my area with cars in that price range after fees and tax. But I want to know if the car is any good.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Niko
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Civics in general are good cars. However, good luck finding a drivable Civic for $16.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Of course they are "good". Duh.

• 1 month ago

Yes, they are good cars.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's fine. But 16000 is almost the price of a new car. so it's better to buy a new with just a couple of thousand dollars more than to buy used. 

I bought my 2015 Kia Rio as new for $17500 , 5 years ago.

I'm sure new Civic isn't that much more than $16k. At most $20k is my guess.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Just make sure you get it in writing that the CVT transmission is covered. The factory is giving customer goodwill extended warranties on their CVT transmissions because they have been failing so bad. I don't know it the warranty applies to just the original owners or what.

if you want a vehicle without the CVT transmission the Toyota RAV4 is the one I recommend to friends.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You'd better save up a little more. $16 might buy you a steering wheel cover.

• 1 month ago

It depends what do you want from the car. Its safety and reliable car. But its so boring. 

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes.  It's a good car.  But compared to a Toyota Corolla, it's overpriced.  The Corolla is also a great (comparable) car.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.