Is a 17-18 Honda Civic a good car?

I’m thinking about getting one as my next car. My budget is $16 and there is a lot of dealers in my area with cars in that price range after fees and tax. But I want to know if the car is any good.

• Niko

Civics in general are good cars. However, good luck finding a drivable Civic for $16.

Of course they are "good". Duh.

Yes, they are good cars.

It's fine. But 16000 is almost the price of a new car. so it's better to buy a new with just a couple of thousand dollars more than to buy used. 

I bought my 2015 Kia Rio as new for $17500 , 5 years ago.

I'm sure new Civic isn't that much more than $16k. At most $20k is my guess.

Just make sure you get it in writing that the CVT transmission is covered. The factory is giving customer goodwill extended warranties on their CVT transmissions because they have been failing so bad. I don't know it the warranty applies to just the original owners or what.

if you want a vehicle without the CVT transmission the Toyota RAV4 is the one I recommend to friends.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Scott

You'd better save up a little more. $16 might buy you a steering wheel cover.

It depends what do you want from the car. Its safety and reliable car. But its so boring. 

• .

Yes.  It's a good car.  But compared to a Toyota Corolla, it's overpriced.  The Corolla is also a great (comparable) car.