Car stopped while driving and wont start?

In the course of a week, I changed the radiator, and a hose came off, draining all the transmission fluid, and leaving me on a highway. I got towed to my house, re filled the transmission fluid, and it was driving fine. 

A few days after this, I was driving, and the car just turned off. I pulled to the side of the road, and it wouldnt start back up. I got towed to the house, changed the alternator, the battery, and the fuel pump, to no avail. I can hear the new fuel pumps little buzzing, the engine is definitely trying to turn over, I can hear it. The 07 eclipse gt is a money sink. Can somone PLEASE help me diagnose. 

Favorite Answer

Is it cranking?   Check for spark while cranking.  Get a noid light and check if the injector is receiving command to fire while cranking.  No spark and no injector pulse, crank  or cam sensor is bad, ECU relay is bad or the ECU has gone to heaven.  Check rpm while cranking.  If it the tach is showing rpms, the crank sensor is not bad but this is not an accurate test.

No spark and pulse is good, the ECU could be dead or one or two coils are shorted.  If the ignition fuse is blown, there is a shorted coil.  No injector pulse, check for a blown injector fuse.  If the fuse is blown, check the resistance on the injectors.

If the engine sounds like a blender while cranking, the timing belt is broken. 

Get a scan tool and check if there are any codes.  Key ON, engine OFF, check if the CEL is lit.  If it is not, a sensor is shorted, a module is bad or the ECU is dead.  Good luck.

It's hard to make out if the problem started before you first worked on the car or after. At this point you will need to take it to a mechanic who is capable of diagnosing each mystery. Take a bit of gasoline from your tank, and in a safe place, see if it won't burn. Making gas inflammable is a secret dirty trick that makes unwitting victims replace a ton of good stuff on their car and never getting it to run again. Check the fusebox for loose connections and bad fuses. Use an OBD2 code reader to see if codes indicate where to look for trouble .

The problem is you trying to be a mechanic.

• L.N.

Check for air, fuel, spark and timing. Make sure you didn't unplug anything while working on it. If a check engine light is on, read the codes. If it is OBDII read the stored codes. Get a scanner that displays live data so you can see what the computer sees.

Have you looked at the oil level? I had that happen to my car when ran out of oil because it was leaking like mad. Thing died and locked up. Got that fixed and she ran fine ever since. 

Tow it to a garage for repair.