Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Is it completely outside the realm of possibility for the Republican majority Senate to convict Trump? Why or why not?

47 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Yes.....because there is no evidence or fact that can come out that will convince them to do something against Trump, and really the main reason for that is FOX NEWS

• 8 months ago

Here is the thing, if they vote on the charges according to the rule of law and our Constitution, they have no choice but to vote to Impeach and Remove.  Unless Trump calls his own witnesses to rebut the charges, I see no way they could vote otherwise....if they are following the Rule of Law. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yup. No way will that happen. This is all a distraction. The elites want us focused on anyone but themselves.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I can't predict the future but I like to think a handful of reps will displace partisan politics w/ upholding the Constitution as per their oath of office and convict because I have some faith in Constitutional democracy. The rest are just as corrupt as trump and will acquit.

Trump knows he's corrupt. He was that way when the cons voted him into office which speaks volumes about right wing character and mentality.

The GOP turned on Nixon when the facts bore out ... this right wing is far more dedicated to tribalism which celebrates evil they perceive is in the team's best interest.

Trump's misconduct is much worse than Nixon's because it involves petitioning foreign govs to interfere in the election process which was a significant factor why the founding fathers built impeachment into the Constitution.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

If there was any hint the Senate would convict Trump, you would’ve heard about it by now.

• susan
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It's not (technically) outside the realm of possibility, but if it happens, more people will be surprised than were surprised when Trump won in 2016. It's just so unlikely that this Republican majority Senate will convict him on the charges that have been brought. The voters are divided along party lines in how they view the facts of the impeachment, as well as the interpretation of what those facts prove. The majority of the elected politicians will vote along party lines, because that will bring them the least amount of backlash from their own constituents and especially from their own party leadership.

I think he will be impeached but won't be removed from office. We'll see what happens. 

• 8 months ago

Yes. Perhaps, the better question would be whether ANY Republican Senators would vote to convict. Even Lindsey Graham who formerly put the country first on occasion has become a Trumpian sychophant not only disgracing himself but the memory of his "best friend in the Senate" Senator John McCain's voluntarily staying in captivity until all POWs could leave together by supporting a man who not only conversely had 9 deferrments, bone spurs and V.D. in avoiding Vietnam, but cowardly criticized/questioned Senator McCain's service in Vietnam as well as the Senate, the latter of which he continued doing even more cowardly after Senator McCain's death.

That said, you can be assured that when the time comes, w/ their testicles tightly bound in a Trumpian Knot, all will blindly fall in line w/ feigned innocence for a person and behavior which many of them would have previously considered both unimaginable & unworthy, but now can/will easily proceed w/o consideration of these prior beliefs and/or ideals.    

Why; fear and survival.  More specifically, Trump & the lethal combination of his Twitter account & 97% support of Republicans.  Basically, he controls the party & party apparatus including fundraising etc. In addition to the political fear of Trump endorsing some lunatic in a Primary, is the actual fear of personal danger from lunatics who follow his Twitter account and believe the content.  

Yes, completely outside the realm of possibility.    

• 8 months ago

It was seen a remote weeks ago. Now, with the pathetic articles of impeachment that are there. I now doubt there is any chance he'll be impeached in the Senate. I think a sizable number of Dems will vote against impeachment also.

• 8 months ago

the democrats want to impeach Trump, because they have tried to impeach every republican president since Clinton-- they want pay back for clinton being impeached.

and just as the democratic senate refused to convict clinton, even though he was guilty of perjury

the republicans are gonna refuse to convict trump, even if the democrats can some how prove trump is guilty of what they are charging him with... thats why the democrats keep changing the charges, they cannot prove them

• 8 months ago

It'll never happen - - nobody wants to see Pence as President

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.