where can I sell the books that I no longer needed? What is the best website to sell them and not pay for anything?

Try Goodwill ..... or.... do a Garage Sale 

You can sell used books for a small profit on eBay. I recently had hundreds that I needed rid of, so I posted an ad on Craigslist "FREE Hundreds of very good condition used books, mainly mysteries and true crime" Well, about 20 people responded and swore they wanted my books..then most of them asked me if I could bring them to distant towns..??!! One guy finally actually wanted them enough to come pick them up. My granddaughter was here with me and swore he was a serial killer, since he had a brace thing on his arm which he took off when he carried the books off my porch (shades of Ted Bundy who wore casts, etc)And didn't murder us cause there were 2 of us here. LOL..so don't try this. 

• Andrew

Most second-hand books are not worth much, so there's no point to attempting to sell them as that's generally more trouble than it's worth. Most people aren't interested in second-hand books, and the likelihood that someone might pay you even a fraction of the original price is practically nil, so it wouldn't make much sense for you to go to the trouble of cataloguing them, boxing them up, and shipping them off or delivering them when in the end you'd be looking at pennies on the dollar, if that. 

My advice would be to donate them. And even that can be difficult at times because places like charity shops and thrift stores are often inundated with old books that nobody wants that they couldn't possibly hope to sell that will simply take up space until they themselves have to make the arrangements for their disposal. 

One tip is to try and disperse them instead of attempting to shove the lot of them off in one place. If you've got some old books about history, warfare, some spy novels, things like that, you might think about dropping those off at a veteran's hospital or a senior citizen centre. If you've got some children's books, you could drop those to a local daycare centre or a community centre. Most libraries and charity shops can only take a limited number of books, but while you won't be paid for donating them, they will likely offer you a voucher that you can include on your next tax form that will entitle you to some rebate. 

• Joe

Just donate them someplace.  Local hospital, women's shelter, prison library.....

Maybe Office depot or the dollar tree

.