Alex N asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 8 months ago

Does the word "eggs" ever mean "testicles" in English?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No.  It's funny, because "eggs" in English refer to women's reproductive ovaries.  But the word "eggs" in Spanish (huevos) or in Portuguese (ovos), it refers to a man's testicles.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No, not really. In Mexican Spanish, just about every word has a sexual meaning. English isn't like that.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No.

"Eggs" is used to refer to what women produce from their ovaries, never to testicles, not least because testicles have no egg-like function.

• Leda
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

No, in English the word "eggs" never applied to "testicles" in English, at least in England. But the even more inappropriate term of "balls" is very commons.. Let's call it 'metaphoric' language of a kind! 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

No. 

Slang terms for testicles in English include: chicken tenders, beanbag, stones, nuts, meat clackers, Tom and Harry [as being in the middle of T D and H], the boys, family jewels, snow globes, snapper slappers, wrinklepurse, bojangles, plums, and marbles, among many other creative ones. 

Most English speakers in the US are familiar with the Spanish terms huevos and cojones.

• 8 months ago

It's not standard in English; no.

But I know it's used in Russian, and other answers have already shown it's used in German and Spanish.

• 8 months ago

No, it doesn't. However, there is a slang or colloquial expression in German that uses the word 'eggs' to indicate 'testicles'. This is the German expression:

Ich polierte seine Eier. Its literal meaning is this: I polished his eggs. Its colloquial meaning is this: I kicked him in the testicles.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Not really - that would suggest ovaries rather than testes. Nuts, balls or bollocks.

• 8 months ago

No, that's just in Spanish. English uses balls, nuts, etc. sometimes, people use the Spanish word "cojones", many mispronouncing it "cajones" lol. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Not sure 'you can't make an omelet with out breaking a few eggs' 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.