I constantly lose internet on the laptop but my husband's desktop doesn't. Why?

He's taking all the internet for himself

The desktop is probably using a wired connection to the internet. The laptop will be using wifi. Wifi signal can vary in strength as you move around the house. The PC doesn't have that problem.

• keerok

Poor wireless connection?

problem in cable or wifi.

It looks like everyone got here before me and said what needs to be said. Desktops usually use wired connections (and are also generally stronger computers than Laptops) while Laptops just use wifi.

Is his desktop using a wired connection, and the laptop using wifi? That may be your answer

WiFi connected no doubt and a poor signal will do that.

You can get past that with cat 5 cable to your network connector.

Might need a router to support multiple cable connections.

can only suggest that your wifi connection isn't as good as his. try moving to different work location

Generally desktops are wired to the router where laptops use wifi portion of the router. You could attempt to buy a usb wireless adapter that may pickup wifi signal better than the one built into your laptop. You can also look at your task manager, under network to see what speed your adapter is connected at and adjust the antennas of your wifi router to see if you get better reception (higher megabits per second). There are probably certain places in your home where you don't lose internet because you are closer to the router and have a stronger signal. It is because no all wifi adapters are built equal that one may work better than another. My daughter had horrible signal using the built in adapter so I bought an usb wifi adapter that brought her signal from 1Mbps up to around 50Mbps sitting in the same spot.

Probably because your laptop uses WiFi but the desktop is cabled directly to your internet connection. Make sure your router is centrally located and clear of obstructions and any electrical interference.