Suhaani asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Someone said something which bothered me.?

So, there's a girl in my class who makes it clear she doesn't like me. She made it pretty clear by taunting me. I feel maybe it's because she thinks I'm financially very good and I also get very high grades compared to her even though I don't go to tuition (I can think of only these reasons as she mainly taunted about these things even though I was always kind to her). I normally ignore her comments. Today, there was a painting competition and I won 2nd prize while my bench mate didn't win. On this, that girl approaches me and says that I don't deserve this prize and my bench mate did and that she didn't like my painting at all. I was taken aback but I replied that you were not the judge and that it's really bad to criticize someone who won and that you should have some morals. Well that's all the drama. But still I feel bad. My family's telling me to ignore her but deep down I can't. I feel bad because I don't know what I am doing wrong which makes her hate me. Also, I don't like that some people are so mean even though I treat them with kindness. Am I wrong somewhere?

• Judy

What you are dealing with is jealousy . You intimidate her so she picks on you.  You must turn the other cheek and continue to be kind.  Feel sorry for her she has real problems.

What you should do is avoid and ignore her.

You are not wrong in the least.

But did you ever think she likes you?

Some girls are strange.

• Suhaani2 months agoReport

Oh god I never thought that .....

What you are experiencing is simply jealousy. That is a character flaw that the girl possesses. Your family is right to tell you to ignore her. The fact that you aren't just encourages her to continue her negative treatment of you. So stop telling yourself that you can't. If you don't have control over your emotions who does? Learn to be the bigger person and walk away would be my advice.

the best thing to do is ignore it.  goodluck.

You did good reminding her that she's not the judge and should respect others more.  Yu can also tell her that it isn't her decision to make.  And that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not to share it with others unless invited to do so.  You should also ask her the same thing you stated above -- What am I doing wrong that makes you hate me?"  and "I don't like people who are mean even though I treat them kindly."  This girl thinks more highly of herself than she ought.  And she needs to be reminded that her opinions don't count, and that if she can't respect you, then leave you alone.  You might also be able to report her to the school authorities if she continues to harass you.  Check with the school authorities on your rights.  Then if you can report her, tell her that.  There should be consequences to her bad attitude.  You have to stand up for yourself, and sometimes that hurts.  But if you don't, others will continue to walk all over you.

• Suhaani2 months agoReport

Thanks you so much. I will follow your advice :)

No, from what I can tell, you have done nothing wrong to her. She is probably just jealous, or feels the need to establish dominance. Ignoring is hard, but it is the right thing to do.

• Liz

No, you aren't wrong and you did well to reply the way you did. Some people are just reasonable and jealous. The Bible instructs at Romans 12:17 "Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men." But you can take the initiative and try to find out from her why she dislikes you.

Source(s): jw.org
    • Suhaani2 months agoReport

Thank you. It really helps :)

• Cathy

How old are you? I ask because she sounds like she's in second grade. Ignore people who taunt you and insult you. Quit worrying about her - she's not worth it. 

• Suhaani2 months agoReport

Well I'm in 11 grade. Thanks. Your words really helps :)