Anonymous

Is it possible for someone to get promoted at a company because they're 'likeable'?

For example, they act friendly towards everyone and always try to be helpful.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

As long as the person knows he/she is suited or qualified for a job, it is going to work out. Otherwise, "likeable" people are often used untill it serves someone, and after their "job" is done... good bye! I like another person now! 

Very unfortunate situation, so it's important to be honest with yourself if you should accept promotion. Asking for a certified training (in case of lack of experience and just to be sure) would be a good idea and will show if the offer is really serious. 

Also the higher the promotional status is, the more likely people are going to hate what you tell them to do, so I don't even see a point of how this could be "helpful "... more often than not, people feel jealous because one of the colleagues was recognized and they are not.

• It's possible, having a good attitude usually helps when getting promoted. 

I don't know if I would call that 'like able', they're just trying to be friendly and polite. 

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Sounds like a government issue.

• 10 months ago

At some companies. Not everywhere.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yeah favoritism in the workplace are is the realist

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Women have been "likable" for years right until they have to move away when they start to show.

• 10 months ago

i think thats possible

• 10 months ago

If they are in the PR department, Certainly.

• John
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

More likely than if they are unlikable.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

it can happen......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.