pikachu asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Is 5'6 and 130 big enough to play safety in high school if I'm somewhat strong for my size,?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure it's big enough. You just need to be strong and capable of doing it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It can be.  Depends on the size of your school and the level of competition.  Good luck!

• 2 months ago

I mean yeah, sorta one of our safties was 5'2 and 100 pounds givin he was awful but he also was only on the football team just to be on the football team, and he didnt care for the sport. Our main saftey was about that he was pretty strong for his size too i say shoot your shot

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That is rather small to play safety.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No.  You will need to settle for a secondary position like butt-slapper.  That's the guy who encourages players who are running into the game by slapping their butts.  It's actually a very important position on the team.  

• In China, yоu wоuld be sent tо the cоuntryside tо harvest rice and attend attitude adjustment classes until yоu were able tо display a mоre apprоpriate reverence tо the culture, traditiоns, and laws оf the peоple.

• 2 months ago

It's big enough if you're the best safety on your team.  We had a couple fairly short safeties.

• Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, based on your height and weight, as well as your strength, I believe that you will make a very good fit at strong safety. You have the ideal size for a high school strong safety.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do during the next 8 months is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of being a successful, top notch strong safety in high school football next season, who could go on to play college football.

By the way, your chances of playing college football depend on your performance in football during your senior year of high school. If you perform very well in football next season, you will greatly improve your chances of getting recruited to play for a college football program.

• ...Show all comments
    • In China, yоu wоuld be sent tо the cоuntryside tо harvest rice and attend attitude adjustment classes until yоu were able tо display a mоre apprоpriate reverence tо the culture, traditiоns, and laws оf the peоple.

• 2 months ago

i dont see why not

Lv 7
    2 months ago

No.  You are too small for tackle football.

• pikachu2 months agoReport

Hawks lost to Rams a hole

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.