Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

No friends?

I’ve just recently come to the realization that me not have any friends for the past several years has messed me up in a lot of ways. Can loneliness really have caused all my severe depression in my life? How do I get passed this?

Welcome to the club

Could you try social groups on meetup.com

Oh yes. Even the mundane, interaction we have with a co-worker friend rejuvenates, and strengthens our emotional connection to the world. If you have no connections with others, you are alone, and there is no give and take.  Even a plant has to give and take to survive.    

Figure out is social media is helping or hurting you

There’s a difference between being alone and lonelines. 

Either way, lonieness and being alone  is the best thing that can ever happen to you 

People spend so much time thinking about the negative aspects of it

If you get off social media and stop comparing your life to others such as saying

“I’m missing so much out on life for not having friends” 

You’re really not. The sooner you realize this, the happier you’ll be  

why not attend your local christian church? you can make good friends that way.

I had a lot of people in my life once but they were pretty toxic I washed my hands with every one from the past and moved away and started a new life it was very loney I felt like I was the only person in the world for years it lasted but over time I met some new friends now I only get lonely sometimes when start to dwell on my old life and the people I left behind

• You don't have to worry about having friends at all. Your best friend is God, he is the only one that you have.

The cause of depression is anxiety in the heart. The best thing to do is to turn to God. When you turn to God, the most important thing to do is to pray. When you pray, talk to God like he is your best friend, because he is. Read the bible. The bible can answer all your questions and make you truly happy. Read it every day, it does not have to be for 3 hours but try to squeeze it into your day. Go to church as well. Church can really help. When you go to church, focus on God. When I was struggling with my mental illness, my church helped me a lot. Here is the website...

https://idmji.org/en/

check out the bible studies on holidays since it's that time of year!

Loneliness plays a large role for the reason of depression. Maybe do volunteer work and enrol in hobby or educational classes or join exercise groups, hiking, cycling, rowing, yoga where you at least get to interact with others. Once people get to know you over time, then friendships may happen. 

Try and make good friends