Suriya asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Where were you during the 9/11 incident..? ?

I'm just curious, were you on your way to work when it happened or during work... Were you a kid at that time and was on the way to kindergarten or school...??  I'm not an american but I just wanna know because it happened when I was only 4 years old.. So I couldn't remember much.. My mom and dad only knew very well through the media that broadcasted that devastating event.. Do share your stories... I would like to read some  segments that were happening in your life few hours before the incident and aftermath 

• Prince

Screaming and crying in front of the television. 

I was 6. I was at school 

I was 5 so I don’t remember anything

I was living in Northern Virginia with my husband and teenage daughter. I worked as an English teacher at a Korean academy, classes starting at 9. I saw the car in front of me swerve to the side of the road at around 8:45, and a Pentagon type guy jumped out and talked on his cell phone. I knew something was up. When I got to school, the TVs were on and we didn't get much done that day. My husband worked in DC and all the employees had to get out of the building and start walking. He finally got to the car and on his drive home he saw the Pentagon in flames. It was really stressful.

• Bloatedtoad
      1 month agoReport

This is an interview with a famous movie producer who was friends with someone who was involved with it so he learned about 9/11 in the year 2000 11 months BEFORE it happened. Be patient as this interview progresses. It's shocking and over the top: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv7NgF6kOi0&t=16s

• SW-6

At work. My boss told me a plane had hit 1 tower, I thought it was some little plane crop duster or something and a smaller accident.  Then he informed me  another plane hit the 2nd tower, I stayed at my desk typing or whatever and thinking - Gee what are the odds that two "crop dusters" hit.  I will never forget the feeling that came over me when it finally hit me that this was no accident.  My boss and some other SVPs went to the hotel across the street to watch tv coverage, the rest of the office stayed glued to any coverage we could get on the internet.  :(

I was living in western Canada with my then-girlfriend.  The morning of, a friend of hers called and asked what I, being American, thought about what had just happened.  Having just woken up, we didn't know what she was talking about. So we turned on the TV -- just in time to see the second plane hit. Suffice to say that like everyone else, I was mortified. As a veteran, I'd seen my share of scary ****, but watching all that horror happen live, in real time, through the unblinking eye of the news camera, was the stuff of nightmares.  I can't imagine the horror those who were actually there must have felt.

I was especially troubled when news broke that the Pentagon had been hit, because I have a very dear family member who worked there at the time.  Fortunately she was on the opposite side of the building when it was hit, though if I remember correctly, she lost a couple friends in the attack.

I was 18 years old in my apartment watching it unfold on television. How the media "knew" Bin Laden was the culprit so quickly...well...I became very suspicious. 

In junior high in  one of my  classes

8th grade science class.

I was in Army in Korea CQ and the news showed over and over again and again while we went to lockdown of the base