Time for the States to split into individual countries?

Note:When I say split I don't mean 50 individual countries. More along lines of belief systems.

With a growing disparity between belief systems should the Union split, or do you believe the differences can be overcome without one side shutting the other up. This post is not meant to be partisan, just meant to start a discussion.

Favorite Answer

Nope.  I agree that the division between liberals and conservatives is growing by leaps and bounds, and hate and vitriol is increasing.  However, if what you suggest actually happened it would not be long before they were all at war with each other, just like the last time.  And, we would be an easy target for our enemies.

• Zhu

Most would not be economically viable. 

I thought we settled that 165 years ago??  Took the South nearly a century to recover.  

No, juicy no. K

No. Neither side would be able to produce enough food for its citizens. The liberal country would not have enough farmland. The conservative country would not have enough immigrant farmworkers.

In some ways that sounds appealing to certain people. However, once we divided we would be a smaller weaker nation subject to foreign takeover.

• Dze

you could almost break it down by 'cities' .. most of the libtard idiots live in urban city centers .. let them do whatever they want in city limits but keep it out of the rural areas .. that could work ..if they arnt satisfied with that and want to impose their perverted immorality on everything and everyone we can cut their power and supply trucks and starve them to death ..

Well, the US would certainly be better off without a couple states, like California.

The cancer is spreading to other states.

• Mark

Did you know California is responsible for 1/7 of the US's GDP?  What a sad husk of a country without it, though I'm sure the Spin Doctors would find a way to blame that HUGE loss of revenue on Hillary Clinton.

• KaleyK

No ..... The United States is a great country for many reasons, starting with its geography ..... riverine system, great plains, barrier islands, natural ports, ocean buffers, and more ...... splintering the country would destroy that advantage.  That some people are partisan republicans and partisan democrats is no reason to splinter the United States.

• Josh Mullin

I agree I don't want it to split personally, but I also enjoy playing devils advocate. If most of middle America is red should they be subjected to democrat ideology just because democrats have the majority? Same can be asked the other way around. 

We already know the Democrats want to destroy the USA, but thank you for reminding us of that fact.