Hhh asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 2 months ago

What do I need to do to set up a security company in detail please I just need step by step and how much money will I need ?

• John

I know, huh? They got like, snappy uniforms and EVERYTHING!!!!

• Judy

'I just need....'???? Do your really think someone is going to write a business plan for you? That takes months. And needs a lot more input than you give about what you want to do.

Is that security guarding or alarms, etc? Either way you will need very deep pockets, you will need to spend thousands on the accreditations they all have and even the small firms have them, you will need thousands per month before any client will touch you for insurance, you will need enough capital to pay wages for months because clients never pay up front and the best payers take two months to pay. You will need qualifications in risk assessments or employ someone who has which is going to cost again. Really, new security firms open and close all the time, the ones that stay open are the oldest ones that started before all the red tape. I'm not saying you can't do it but you will need a lot of money, that's all. Any idiot could do it really it's just that most people don't have the money.

• Robert

With that it is more reputation than money and that takes time to build. You can in theory buy material as you need it and hire people to install it. You need to have some training and salesmanship ability to convince homeowners that you know what you are talking about and can get the system installed on time and make them work.

• Ding Dong

Not in this field, it's money. They buy a reputation.

That depends upon the type of security company you wish to establish and the laws of the state in which you live.

You want detailed plans on starting a successful security business?

This could take at least an hour, so just sit tight.