digis asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 months ago

Fluent speakers of English, could you help me with my English?

I need to translate a text but I'm not sure it sounds natural for English speakers as I'm not a native speaker. Do I need to make any corrections? I would appreciate any answers.

During the ceremony, the Warsaw Confederation Act and the approvals of several counties were read out loud and, after a repeat unanimous consent, everyone were invited to sign them.

The following slogans were chanted: “Long live Poland!” and “Long live Napoleon!”

Cannons were fired and the service ended with the hymn Domine salvum fac Napoleonem Imperatorem nostrum.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

During the ceremony, the Warsaw Confederation Act and the approvals of several counties were read ALOUD and, after a SECOND unanimous consent, everyone WAS invited to sign them.

Slogans were chanted: “Long live Poland!” and “Long live Napoleon!”

Cannons were fired and the service ended with the hymn Domine salvum fac Napoleonem Imperatorem nostrum.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

everyone was invited--- one and was -- singular form

all were invited -- all and were -- plural form

good job!

• 9 months ago

During the ceremony the Warsaw Confederation Act and the approvals of several countries were read out loud. After a unanimous consent everyone was invited to sign them.

The rest is okay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.