Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 8 months ago

If your landlord makes false reports of fraud to Social Sec as revenge what can you do?

1 Answer

  • Judith
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    In regards to social security - they can do nothing with an allegation.  In order to suspend or terminate your benefits they must develop EVIDENCE.  So if the report is false you don't need to do anything except tell them the truth when social security contacts you - which they will do eventually.  NOTE:  If your LL is alleging that you aren't disabled and you get disability benefits and he gives them examples of why he doesn't believe you are disabled, then social security will do a medical review or will contact your employer or whatever.

    Otherwise I don't see that there is anything else you can do EXCEPT move when your lease is up or, if you aren't on a lease, give 30 days notice and move out.

    I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.