HP Laptop stuck on repairing disk errors?

Hey guys and gals, I was cleaning out my mothers laptop and then after I got rid of some games that were pre downloaded, the screen, when it boots up, keeps saying repairing disk errors, fixing (C:) Stage 1. It has a percentage, it fully does it and then completely restarts. It has been doing it for hours. I am not extremely well versed in computers so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

it needs to have the HDD detected by a hard disk manager program and bad sectors removed/flagged. this program will run from CD/DVD. check cnet.com's downloads for free versions

• David

Restart the computer.

As the computer boots, press the ESC key when the HP Splash Screen appears.

When the Startup menu appears, press F2 to enter System Diagnostics.

Run a disk check, likely you will find disk errors, if so it will need replacing and the operating system reinstalling. If you need further help repost, or take it to a tech.

• keerok

I say the hard disk is done for. If you still want to use the laptop, get it a new drive, maybe an SSD already to make it faster.

go back to kitchen. computers need a man to fix . woman are too dumb to do that.

you heckin deleted all windows files and folders or force shut down tooo much.

i'm a man by the way