HP Laptop stuck on repairing disk errors?

Hey guys and gals, I was cleaning out my mothers laptop and then after I got rid of some games that were pre downloaded, the screen, when it boots up, keeps saying repairing disk errors, fixing (C:) Stage 1. It has a percentage, it fully does it and then completely restarts. It has been doing it for hours. I am not extremely well versed in computers so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

it needs to have the HDD detected by a hard disk manager program and bad sectors removed/flagged. this program will run from CD/DVD. check cnet.com's downloads for free versions

• David
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Restart the computer.

As the computer boots, press the ESC key when the HP Splash Screen appears.

When the Startup menu appears, press F2 to enter System Diagnostics.

Run a disk check, likely you will find disk errors, if so it will need replacing and the operating system reinstalling. If you need further help repost, or take it to a tech.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I say the hard disk is done for. If you still want to use the laptop, get it a new drive, maybe an SSD already to make it faster.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

go back to kitchen. computers need a man to fix . woman are too dumb to do that.

you heckin deleted all windows files and folders or force shut down tooo much.

i'm a man by the way 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.