HP Laptop stuck on repairing disk errors?

Hey guys and gals, I was cleaning out my mothers laptop and then after I got rid of some games that were pre downloaded, the screen, when it boots up, keeps saying repairing disk errors, fixing (C:) Stage 1. It has a percentage, it fully does it and then completely restarts. It has been doing it for hours. I am not extremely well versed in computers so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

it needs to have the HDD detected by a hard disk manager program and bad sectors removed/flagged. this program will run from CD/DVD. check cnet.com's downloads for free versions

• Login to reply the answers
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Restart the computer.

As the computer boots, press the ESC key when the HP Splash Screen appears.

When the Startup menu appears, press F2 to enter System Diagnostics.

Run a disk check, likely you will find disk errors, if so it will need replacing and the operating system reinstalling. If you need further help repost, or take it to a tech.

• Caleb1 month agoReport

Thanks! Yeah, it was the HDD that was causing problems. We have had this cheap laptop for a few years. We are just going to get a new one. I appreciate the help!

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I say the hard disk is done for. If you still want to use the laptop, get it a new drive, maybe an SSD already to make it faster.

• Caleb1 month agoReport

Thanks! That was exactly the problem. We are just going to get a new one. We have had this one for quite a while. I appreciate the help.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

go back to kitchen. computers need a man to fix . woman are too dumb to do that.

you heckin deleted all windows files and folders or force shut down tooo much.

i'm a man by the way 

• ...Show all comments
    • Caleb1 month agoReport

Only turned it off once and only deleted pre downloaded games such as minecraft and those candy crush saga games. No important files whatsoever. I have put a PC together before. Stop looking like an illiterate buffoon.  Go troll another answer you halfwit. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.