How to explain to someone you'd like to be courted, not just dating.?

I don't do dating.. I think it's a complete waste of time. I told the guy that if you want to get to know me, you get to have serious intentions about me for now at least. 

He agreed, but I don't think he is doing that. He asks me to ride for 30 mins to see him, etc. Takes me out on very cheap dates. He never speaks about marriage. He likes me though and chats to me all the time, but I m not a teenager.

I like him too, but I just hate dating.. how to make sure that he is just not wasting my time, as he doesn't take what I m saying to heart.

Favorite Answer

You are correct. Just tell him that we are getting to know each other to see if we can get married. Ask him about his future and marriage plans. If he doesn’t believe in marriage then stop talking to him. Tell him you believe in courtship that leads to marriage.

• Dating is for each of you. This isn't the 1930's. If he's not what you're looking for (when you clearly have nothing positive to say about him) then call things off and quit wasting your time (and his). Or don't.