JayRey asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How to go out when you have a pet dog?

Okay so I have a 3 year old cockapoo,  and my cousin is getting married next year, I would love to go to the wedding but it would mean me leaving my dog alone for 2 whole days (it's very far away). Now obviously I'm not considering leaving him alone for that long, as I know he does have bad separation anxiety.

I don't want to consider taking him too a boarder as I have had a bad experience with them. I just wondered if you had any suggestions of how I can go to the wedding without leaving my dog all alone.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If he has bad separation anxiety, I would try finding a friend or someone who could watch him at your house. Then maybe he'll be more comfortable. If not, maybe have a friend take him to their house, he won't be as comfortable but it might help being in a home compared to a dog kennel. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Go adopt one it’s that easy they give you joy

• 1 month ago

doggy hotel or a trusted friend............... come on........... it's not that hard. They're dogs, they can handle boarding......... quit treating them like a human, they aren't.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You either have someone you trust come in several times a day (to feed, let out for potty, etc. or board the dog for the time you are gone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

who wants you at the wedding anyway?

• Anna
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Obviously his cousin wants him at the wedding or he wouldn't have been invited. Duh.

• 1 month ago

1) Have a friend or family member stay at your home and care for your dog.

2) Have a neighbour come by every few hours to feed your dog, walk your dog, pick up its poop.

How is someone this helpless? FYI you don't have a "cockapoo" since there's no such recognized breed. You have an ill bred mutt from a backyard breeder.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can board your dog at a facility that's well-recommended, you can hire a pet sitter to stay at your home and care for your dog, or you can ask a friend or family member to care for your dog while you're gone, either in your home or theirs. 

• 1 month ago

Do you not have any friends? oR neighbors that could come to your aid?

If the dog could be in a travel crate & sit at your feet in the cabin, you can take the dog with you.

Hire a dog walker to come & walk the dog two or three times a day while you are gone. You can even hire a sitter that will stay at your place to care for your dog.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Look for a dog friendly hotel near the wedding, stay there with your dog...

• Verulam
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You WON'T be able to leave the dog alone in a hotel room I'm afraid.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You have no option but to use a boarder then. I don't know what kind of answer you want to this, it's as though you want someone to wave a magic wand. Ask around for boarder recommendations, look up reviews online

• ...Show all comments
    • Josh4 weeks agoReport

...it's kind of a redundant accusation anyway when 99% of folk using this site are trolls these days. Retard really, isn't it? It s like saying “oh, you must be using a broadband connection”, state the obvious why don't you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.