JayRey asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How to go out when you have a pet dog?

Okay so I have a 3 year old cockapoo,  and my cousin is getting married next year, I would love to go to the wedding but it would mean me leaving my dog alone for 2 whole days (it's very far away). Now obviously I'm not considering leaving him alone for that long, as I know he does have bad separation anxiety.

I don't want to consider taking him too a boarder as I have had a bad experience with them. I just wondered if you had any suggestions of how I can go to the wedding without leaving my dog all alone.

If he has bad separation anxiety, I would try finding a friend or someone who could watch him at your house. Then maybe he'll be more comfortable. If not, maybe have a friend take him to their house, he won't be as comfortable but it might help being in a home compared to a dog kennel. 

Go adopt one it’s that easy they give you joy

doggy hotel or a trusted friend............... come on........... it's not that hard. They're dogs, they can handle boarding......... quit treating them like a human, they aren't.

• Ocimom

You either have someone you trust come in several times a day (to feed, let out for potty, etc. or board the dog for the time you are gone.

who wants you at the wedding anyway?

• Anna
      1 month agoReport

Obviously his cousin wants him at the wedding or he wouldn't have been invited. Duh.

1) Have a friend or family member stay at your home and care for your dog.

2) Have a neighbour come by every few hours to feed your dog, walk your dog, pick up its poop.

How is someone this helpless? FYI you don't have a "cockapoo" since there's no such recognized breed. You have an ill bred mutt from a backyard breeder.

• *****

You can board your dog at a facility that's well-recommended, you can hire a pet sitter to stay at your home and care for your dog, or you can ask a friend or family member to care for your dog while you're gone, either in your home or theirs. 

Do you not have any friends? oR neighbors that could come to your aid?

If the dog could be in a travel crate & sit at your feet in the cabin, you can take the dog with you.

Hire a dog walker to come & walk the dog two or three times a day while you are gone. You can even hire a sitter that will stay at your place to care for your dog.

• Jack H

Look for a dog friendly hotel near the wedding, stay there with your dog...

• Verulam
      1 month agoReport

You WON'T be able to leave the dog alone in a hotel room I'm afraid.

You have no option but to use a boarder then. I don't know what kind of answer you want to this, it's as though you want someone to wave a magic wand. Ask around for boarder recommendations, look up reviews online

• Josh4 weeks agoReport

...it's kind of a redundant accusation anyway when 99% of folk using this site are trolls these days. Retard really, isn't it? It s like saying “oh, you must be using a broadband connection”, state the obvious why don't you