asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Would you be upset if your neighbor put their trash in your bin?

If so, would you be upset to the point of doing something about it, and if so, what? You know what I'm talking about, it's garbage night, so people are taking their bins to the curb to be collected in the morning, your neighbors assume you're done with any space you usually have left in your bin, so if you come out with an extra bag of trash that morning or later that night, you might find your bin already full. I just wanted to know peoples feelings on this.

• abdul
    Favorite Answer

Not as long as there was room in the bin for more trash. It's just trash collection after all. Happens once a week.

I wouldn't get offended at all. I'm not the one that lifts the bin and empties it, so why would I get offended?  The only time I would get offended is if I am having a party the previous day and need the disposal bin space, but do not have it because my neighbor has stolen it.

I wouldn't be upset if they did it once---every 6 months or so---if it were a constant thing--I would go track them down and tell them to pay for their own garbage disposal.

if you know which neighbor is doing it, I would say something to that person, you are paying for the use of the garbage pick up and they is a way they do not have to pay. if your neighbor keeps doing it, I would speak to the police 

i wouldnt like it and would probably ask them not to

• audrey

Not if he asked first. I have to pay the same whether my can is full or not.

Keep hates out of yourself. Or one would lower themselves to be more like the one stealing.  

Pray to GOD about this! 

• Sandy

slip a note under their door with the phone number of the streets and sanitation department and tell them to call and ask for another trash bin. they'll be happy to give  it to them the next time they come around. I've done it many times over the years. 

I wouldn't be concerned at all. In my neighborhood, it's pretty common, but you always ask first before you throw a bag in there.

• .

Nope, in fact I gave my neighbor permission to put his overflow in mine

• Ann

Yes............