Windows 10 hp laptop sign in?

I don't have my pc set up to require a password but all of a sudden it is making me use one to open ,my pc. On top pf that it makes me verify it is me. Since I never set up anything it was near impossible to get in last night. Then this morning I had to do it again. Bc I had to set up a pin I got to login the pin, but had to verify by sending a code to my email. Why is this all of a sudden happening when it is not set up to require a pin to log in?

• Lv 7

you must have accidentally made it a Microsoft account.

go to Settings > Account info > make Local Account

don't you just LOVE Windows ???

Somebody has signed into your laptop using a Microsoft account go in to user accounts and first change it to a local account and then you won't have the problem anymore

I think this is because you somehow got connected toa Microsoft account.  Microsoft is very secure and they may be causing this.  Sign out of Microsoft and then try again to log into your laptop and see if it is easier.  

Then you can go in and set it to again not require a password if necessary.

• John

I don't know if it's related, but the last month or so I've been getting a notification that there's some problem with credentials and supply the pin and etc. Thing is, I do it and then it comes up again a couple of days later.  Seems to be a Windows thing, we don't even use a login either.