Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 months ago

Problem with smell “down there”?

So this is kinda embarrassing for me to talk about but it’s been a problem for me for years. I’m a girl and I can’t keep my “down there” area from smelling weird and bad. I’m a teenager and it’s been this way for years and everything I do seems to not work. I wash everyday and everything. I’ve never had sex before so it’s not STD or anything but it’s been like this since I was about 13 or 14. It makes me feel really weird and I feel like my body is messed up. How can I get it to go away? 

Do not use any douches, and use a gentle soap and water. 

I would see the doctor  

It will never go away.

Make sure you’re washing down there with just your hand and just water or unscented soap (dove is good for this). Don’t use a wash cloth; it traps bacteria. Don’t douche or use feminine washes. Wash your vulva and your lips, but don’t go too, too hard. The pH down there is sensitive.

Make sure you’re wiping from front to back super well.

Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water and eating fruit.

Sometimes I’ll take a little bit of deodorant and put it on my bikini line if I’m really feeling the need for extra reassurance. Don’t use too much, and dont put it too close to your actual vagina.

Have you seen a GYN?  You could have BV which is not an STI; or this could be a totally natural oder that you think is wrong.  Too much cleaning can lead to BV BTW.

If you can smell something bad in your privates then you need to see an OB/GYN. No normal woman can smell anything down there unless it's serious.