Can someone please explain the appeal of reaction videos?

I don't understand it at all, and I've tried to watch them several times. "Oh wow. She's surprised at that stunt. He's disgusted at that gross video. That's so intriguing." I'm not trying to be mean but I don't understand what the fascination is with seeing someone laugh at a comedy routine, or be grossed out by something. Maybe I'm just not as fascinated by people as the normal person. I typically end up watching the video in the corner that they're reacting to. Does anyone else feel this way? 

I enjoy watching people I know react at certain things, like being surprised at a surprise party, or seeing them opening gifts, but not strangers watching a video. What exactly is the appeal?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's almost like validation. You can watch something yourself and see if someone else thinks the same things about it that you do. So if you were watching something funny, and someone else finds it funny, you almost laugh with them? Like pack mentality kind of stuff, just sharing a moment with someone even though you have no idea who they are. Not sure the depths of it, but that's the impression I get

• 8 months ago

That's only to get people to watch.

• 8 months ago

Several times after I've watched media that no one IRL I know likes, I've watched reaction videos to see what other people think. I'd actually prefer a good text based discussion...but gone are the days of usenet. At least there's reddit.

• 8 months ago

Someone smart once said a picture is worth

A million words, therefore a movie is worth trillions

Of words, wouldn’t you agree?

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) General knowledge

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I can say for me i have no friends and its nice to feel like im reacting and laughing with someone. 

And people can say funny / new things in a reaction that you never would think of yourself.

• 8 months ago

I love reaction videos i feel like someone understands me I feel like I'm sharing something I hate or love with someone.. I enjoy seeing someone comment on something I'm passionate about.... 

• 8 months ago

I think it's so that the viewer can relate to the reacter and be like "wow that guy thinks just like me!" or "damn i didn't think about that" and gain a new perspective on a familiar topic

• 8 months ago

La ma fe jem3a I don't

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.