Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

How many days can I go without water?

I'll eat food, but will not drink water nor any sources of liquid. I've tried this in the past and lasted almost 7 days. Can I survive on food by itself considering certain foods contain water in them? 

My prediction is that I'll last almost a month.

Im 26 years old male

5,6 112 pounds

No medical condition

Does not exercise

I have a high metabolism

I understand that my body needs water in order to function and will decease without it.

• Logan
    Favorite Answer

Maybe a week or two.  Andreas Mihavecz, an 18-year-old Austrian man, may have survived the longest without drinking water: Police accidentally left him in a holding cell for 18 days in 1979.  It's a fuzzy record, though, since he allegedly licked condensation off the walls of the prison.

• Louis

The rules of three states that it's just 3 days without water. 3 weeks without food. 3 hours without shelter. Your actual mileage may vary. 

A week is usually the maximum.

I would never ever suggest or recommend not drinking. Water contains oxygen that your body needs for metabolising nutrients, so your high metabolism may actually work against you.

Please do not abstain from drinking. I can't think of any logical reason why you would

i wouldnt do it, you might get really sick before you die from it

• .

Some foods, like watermelon, do contain lots of water.  Unless you're only eating saltine crackers, it's likely you will get some fluids from your foods.

All "food" contains water.