Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

mom won’t let me see a therapist ?

I don’t feel comfortable spilling the details of my life to Yahoo Answers, but I’ve been in a bad mental state lately and it’s only getting worse. I really need professional help, but no matter what I say she won’t agree to it. It’s because she thinks that whatever is wrong with me I can just talk to her, and she’ll help. She just keeps saying no to therapy, and I don’t think there’s anything I can do to change her mind and I just don’t know what to do anymore.

7 Answers

  • 8 months ago

    Well if you really want help and you tell a mental health prefessional or a cop etc your having thoughts like that they have no choice but to help you . I don’t know how old you are but I hope your mother knows that if something happeneds to you because you were unable to seek precessional help she can be charged with neglect . And probably will be if anybody can prove she knew and didn’t do anything . If you call 911 and tell them your having suicidal thoughts they’ll come to your house and take you to get help . I’m not saying to lie but I’m saying to do what you have to to help yourself if you really feel you need it 

  • 8 months ago

    you need help you just do it

  • Chanel
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

    Have you asked your mom why she is so against it cos you really need to talk to a specialist?

    Ask your school counselor or go to ER. 

    Your mom may feel that you are depressed cos she is not a good mother and that is why she dismisses the subject.

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    Talk with your school counselor, teacher, school nurse or some other trusted adult about your "bad mental state."  They can help you.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

    I’m sorry to hear what you have been going through! If you really feel like your not coping you can go to the ER and tell them how your feeling they are likely to arrange help for you.

  • k w
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    do you eat a balanced diet ? protein-fruit-carb-blk coffee ? sugar is truly bad for our health !

  • 8 months ago

    If you’re in high school (I have no idea how old you are), counselors are available to talk to you. If you’re in college, most colleges have a therapist onsight and they generally take insurance whether your mom wants to let you go or not. If you’re an adult, you should go anyway, despite her opinions. Also, there are low cost options for therapy and more than likely your city/town might have a program you can enter into for low-cost/free counseling.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.