Why some parents dont like to hear their kids buy a new car?

Favorite Answer

Young people are easily taken advantage of.  When they go out on their own, salesman see a sucker.  They can be pressured into signing up for a vehicle that is outside of their price range, or sold a lemon.  Then it is up to the parents to step in and take control.

This concept is Totally Foreign to me.

When I finality bought a New Mazda 323, Dad said: "' 'bout  Time !" Like, $$ grows on Trees? It Isn't 1953 any More, Dad...

Better  value  to have bought certified 3 yo.  

Because all too often, they spend too much and go too far in debt.

Because it is usually a  BLATANT DEMONSTRATION OF FISCAL IRRESPONSIBILITY and they don't want to bail them out when they can't make the payments. 

If anyone knows the kids economic situation, it is the parents. Some kids are just not good with money and put everything on Credit Card and just do not have the income to pay for it all. So they lose it all.,,or are in extreme dire straits that they commit suicide.  Car investment is a big pile of cash.  What about food on the table, or rent or other stuff that is more important than a car.  Such as medical insurance.

We hate to see them going too far in debt.

• Mog

Because chances are pretty good they’re going to have an accident in it. I completely ruined my first vehicle. I kept sliding into the ditch on icy roads. I hit a deer. And I broke three windows by accident. 

• Lili

Why wouldn't they, as long as the kids are out of the house and supporting themselves?

It's really none of their business.

My parents-in-law were delighted to learn that my husband had bought his first car, a year after he graduated from college, and had car payments to make. They felt it meant he was really becoming an adult.

• A.J.

If the are living in their parents house, it affects car insurance, but could be an issue of kids going into unnecessary debt.

I don't know why

.