Why some parents dont like to hear their kids buy a new car?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Young people are easily taken advantage of.  When they go out on their own, salesman see a sucker.  They can be pressured into signing up for a vehicle that is outside of their price range, or sold a lemon.  Then it is up to the parents to step in and take control.

• 9 months ago

This concept is Totally Foreign to me.

When I finality bought a New Mazda 323, Dad said: "' 'bout  Time !" Like, $$ grows on Trees? It Isn't 1953 any More, Dad...

Better  value  to have bought certified 3 yo.  

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because all too often, they spend too much and go too far in debt.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because it is usually a  BLATANT DEMONSTRATION OF FISCAL IRRESPONSIBILITY and they don't want to bail them out when they can't make the payments. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

If anyone knows the kids economic situation, it is the parents. Some kids are just not good with money and put everything on Credit Card and just do not have the income to pay for it all. So they lose it all.,,or are in extreme dire straits that they commit suicide.  Car investment is a big pile of cash.  What about food on the table, or rent or other stuff that is more important than a car.  Such as medical insurance.

• 9 months ago

We hate to see them going too far in debt.

• Mog
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Because chances are pretty good they’re going to have an accident in it. I completely ruined my first vehicle. I kept sliding into the ditch on icy roads. I hit a deer. And I broke three windows by accident. 

• Lili
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Why wouldn't they, as long as the kids are out of the house and supporting themselves?

It's really none of their business.

My parents-in-law were delighted to learn that my husband had bought his first car, a year after he graduated from college, and had car payments to make. They felt it meant he was really becoming an adult.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If the are living in their parents house, it affects car insurance, but could be an issue of kids going into unnecessary debt.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I don't know why

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.