How can i commit an act which will make the USA denaturalise me?


I want to become a Russian citizen or a citizen of any nation who shares my political agenda such as Belarus, Iran, China, Vietnam, North Korea, Turkmenistan, or etc. I want to get rid of my US Citizenship as it has always been a burden for me. I think it is wrong that the USA wants to charge me 2000USD to file loss of citizenship papers. I understand that if I commit certain acts such as Terrorism, treason or I run for office in a foreign nation that I lose my citizenship.

Update 2:

I read somewhere that if i have made Oaths of allegiance to other nations I should lose my US citizenship. I do that all the time and have videos of myself doing it on youtube where I state my intention is to renounce US citizenship and yet I have not lost it yet.

2 Answers

  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you are native born, then there is nothing that you can do. If you are a naturalized citizen, then if you acquired your citizenship illegally (not really eligible for naturalization) or by deliberate deceit (you lied or hid important information about yourself), you can have their naturalization revoked.

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    It costs 2,350 bucks, and it's a lengthy legal process. It's best to have dual citizenship first because being stateless carries its own problems.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.