Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 month ago

Very scary panic attack? I think? It felt like a heart attack! ?

I had pain in my chest after swallowing two of my antidepressants at once and then lying down. For a week I've been having persistent severe anxiety attacks throughout the day that last for 20 minutes every 3 -4 hours or so. The pain has gone but my chest preassure is still there. I'm in my 20s and my heart is usually pretty healthy but now I'm obsessed with checking for heart attack symptoms. My local GP isn't open on Sundays and my parents words only offer me so much comfort. I feel dizzy, nauseous, lightheaded just like the heart attack symptoms in women and I had an acid reflux where I threw up the juice I drank. 

This is getting ridiculous. I am constantly worried I will bring on an attack, that I will pass out or go into a cardiac arrest. I can breathe fine but only once I coach myself. I shake after having these feelings. What is wrong with me?     

•no fever 

•weight is normal 

•heart rate feels normal 

•chest compressed slightly 

•lump in throat 

•shakiness 

•some trouble concentrating on things to distract myself 

•headache 

•constant panic that I'm about to slip away into unconsciousness 

•loss of appetite 

•retching and vomiting  

The pain from the pills has gone but it spread to my upper back and my rib and this is causing me great distress. I want to sleep but I'm scared of dying. 

Call 911, if your doctor's out. [When in doubt] Better to be wrong than dead

Yes, it often is seen as a heart attack until they get in the ER.

You need to see a psychiatrist for your mental health issues, not a GP. If you cannot get a psychiatric appointment soon, go see your GP in the meantime. But, please find a psychiatrist or counselor.

its not possible to make yourself have a heart attack. ask your doctor for some tranquilizers you can take if you have a panic attack