Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 months ago

Should I smoke weed again?

I know it's a funny question, but I'd like some serious responses...

So I'm a university student in Canada, and last year when it I was legalized I enjoyed the use of cannabis throughout first term. I mainly did vape pens, and joints, and I would smoke maybe 2-3 times a week (typically on the weekend), but usually less since I had midterms and assignments. Anyway, I had some very bad experiences before spring break the following term, and I ended up going through a very rough period of mental health (definitely high anxiety, and I would even say I was depressed). I can't say for sure that it was the weed that triggered this, as I was behind in a lot of my course work and was feeling like I needed a lifestyle change, but it's definitely interesting that it started right after a bad experience (it was a 1g sativa joint with high THC that I had not smoked before, and left me very paranoid, and feeling like I was shaking). I stopped smoking immediately, and haven't touched weed since (almost a year now). Since then my mental health has gotten a lot better, and I've been around people smoking weed on numerous occasions although I have noticed my anxiety beginning to flare a bit when I smell marijuana, but I've been able to control it when this happens...

Anyway, with exam season wrapping up, my friend mentioned that he wants to smoke with me in celebration. He says it's a low THC joint that I'll enjoy. My question: will smoking again potential harm my mental health like before?

Favorite Answer

Any drug is capable of doing this. My advice is to see a psychiatrist to be evaluated. You may need a bit of medication to alleviate your anxiety/depression. Life is too short for you to be miserable. Weed just dulls you’re emotions/distracts you. You were using weed to self medicate. You may want to see a psychologist or social worker first.

Questions of this nature are not allowed and you would have known that had you read the terms of service like you said you did. Asker has been reported to administration and I suggest everyone else do the same as well.

• Zirp

Cannabis doesn as much cause problems as enhance the ones already there. You can try and see what happens (if unwanted things happen, quit), or simply not try

It's your call

• Bill

the weed is the cause of your problemsand yopur bad marks

you believed all of the stupidity and now you will pay a heavy price as many of your brain cells are already dead making study even harder

The devils leafs.....

stop asking for opinions. stop being a coward and decide for yourself already