Really really confused. Need help, please?

I am reading a book about teaching Chemistry to children and I do not understand the line below. I am not a native English speaker, please explain this line to me, thanks:

“Hands-On Activities That Bring Chemistry to Life”

It just means actually doing chemistry experiments is the best way to get children interested in chemistry. You are not just reading about chemistry, you are living it by doing it.

In this context, "life" is figurative, and means to make make chemistry interesting and real to children.  ...something they can directly experience.

• Olive

Hands on means actually doing stuff in person aside from reading about it. They are saying actually make things real by doing the experiments in person. Hands on gives you lots of experience

It is a poorly written way of saying "actual chemistry experiments are the best way to teach chemistry.