24volt doorbell?

I recently had an adt doorbell installed and I was told I need an 18 to 24 doorbell and doorbell transformer installed. I have been able to find a lot of transformers but all of the doorbell that I have come across have been 16v. Cam anyone tell me if a 24v exists or where I could find one? Thanks in advance 

Here you go. Transformer link.

A 24 vac transformer is standard for "HVAC" controls (thermostats, dampers, etc) and security systems and irrigation controls. Many smaller ones retail for under $20.

plenty of 24v systems. google will find the part you need [line current to 24v transformer]. if you'd told us where you are, we'd have been more helpful. you have to figure out where to put the transformer and local electrical code may not permit it in the breaker box ... free to ask about this at your local building permits department if you go in person

Source(s): grampa

Home Depot will have them Ask in electrical.  Though all the doorbell packages I have installed come together .  the doorbell button, the wire and the transformer.  Mine is 18V

• roger

Yep   24  volt  transformers  are easy to  find.   They are used in  heating  systems to  run the   thermostats.

like   thishttps://www.acehardware.com/departments/heating-an...

You need an 18 to 24 volt transformer.

You DO NOT need a transformer that claims it is for doorbells.

That said the doorbell you claim you already had installed comes with the proper transformer.

• Barry