24volt doorbell?

I recently had an adt doorbell installed and I was told I need an 18 to 24 doorbell and doorbell transformer installed. I have been able to find a lot of transformers but all of the doorbell that I have come across have been 16v. Cam anyone tell me if a 24v exists or where I could find one? Thanks in advance 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Here you go. Transformer link.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

A 24 vac transformer is standard for "HVAC" controls (thermostats, dampers, etc) and security systems and irrigation controls. Many smaller ones retail for under $20.

• 1 month ago

plenty of 24v systems. google will find the part you need [line current to 24v transformer]. if you'd told us where you are, we'd have been more helpful. you have to figure out where to put the transformer and local electrical code may not permit it in the breaker box ... free to ask about this at your local building permits department if you go in person

Source(s): grampa
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Home Depot will have them Ask in electrical.  Though all the doorbell packages I have installed come together .  the doorbell button, the wire and the transformer.  Mine is 18V

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • roger
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yep   24  volt  transformers  are easy to  find.   They are used in  heating  systems to  run the   thermostats.

like   thishttps://www.acehardware.com/departments/heating-an...

• 1 month ago

You need an 18 to 24 volt transformer.

You DO NOT need a transformer that claims it is for doorbells.

That said the doorbell you claim you already had installed comes with the proper transformer.

• Barry
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.