Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 month ago

How common is sudden cardiac arres in people with no known medical conditions?

• Edna

Sudden cardiac arrest USUALLY affects people with no known medical condition. My niece's husband dropped dead from sudden cardiac arrest, and he had undergone a complete physical exam not two weeks before. 

• I'm going to start by saying I'm not a doctor ..only a retail worker..but from what I've read (I have health anxiety) and from my common since I'd say it's not very common at all especially in folks under age 50 . I've studied the heart a lot since I have health anxiety about my heart and worry I will develop heart issues. So far I'm fine and my doctor says I look healthy. So I definitely would assume that sudden cardiac arrest is very rare unless someone has a diagnosed condition or is very old. I hope I helped! 

Source(s): My health anxiety and research

It does happen

No not very common despite of what other people say.  Everybody die because of heart attack.  It's just a matter of time.

getting very common these days

as people are dying at a young age

due to lack of excercise

always on their mobile phones 24/7

facebook, twitter, instagram etc etc

we need to walk , walk and walk daily

taking early morning walks is the best

excercise

• k w

dunno, but a shortage of minerals does it, and a concentration of ionic minerals will def help, hey, I had heart palpitations in the 90's and took mag/phos a homeopathic preparation, and the palpitations just stopped, that's when I started taking a variety of minerals, and they never came back......believe it, or not.......

Its very common it effects many many people in the USA yearly

Source(s): nurse

hopefully not that common

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

It's more common than you think. Sudden cardiac arrest is NOT the same thing as a heart attack. You can recover from a heart attack (most people do), but almost nobody recovers from sudden cardiac arrest. The heart  STOPS beating & when that happens, you're usually dead before you hit the floor. 

I read now and then in news articles of it happening. I wouldn't say it was rare nor would I say it is common, but more so below average is my guess. 

• .

For young people, it would be caused by an undiagnosed heart defect or drug abuse.   So that is rare.