Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 month ago

I'm obsessed about whether or not I'm having a heart attack? ?

For days now, I've been getting an ache in the centre of my chest which I feel in my breastbone. I worry constantly about my breathing, though my parents say it's fine. My heart rate only goes up when I think about having one. In these episodes of fear I experience dizziness, shakiness and have even thrown up a little bit. I've been feeling really scared even though I'm in my 20s and have no history of heart problems. I just wish I could stop worrying about everything because it is seriously affecting my everyday life.

I'm on 150mg of sertaline which (when taken at odd times like I've sometimes been doing) can sometimes cause symptoms similar to what I'm feeling. I just feel like I'm rotting from the inside out. An ECG is too expensive to get but I have taken a blood test but I'm really scared. I don't even know why I'm panicking. Uni? Work? Anxiety? Lonlieness? 

Was the sertraline 'prescribed', (don't play doctor). It is prescribed for depression and anxiety which would explain why a doctor might give it to you, given your symptoms. That said, look up 'costachondritis', it can cause harmless but painful chest pain.  [As always, if you do think you're having a heart attack call 911, better safe than sorry]

You need rest from work atleast 48hours a week.

i would just go to the er and get it checked out