Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 month ago

I'm obsessed about whether or not I'm having a heart attack? ?

For days now, I've been getting an ache in the centre of my chest which I feel in my breastbone. I worry constantly about my breathing, though my parents say it's fine. My heart rate only goes up when I think about having one. In these episodes of fear I experience dizziness, shakiness and have even thrown up a little bit. I've been feeling really scared even though I'm in my 20s and have no history of heart problems. I just wish I could stop worrying about everything because it is seriously affecting my everyday life.

Update:

I'm on 150mg of sertaline which (when taken at odd times like I've sometimes been doing) can sometimes cause symptoms similar to what I'm feeling. I just feel like I'm rotting from the inside out. An ECG is too expensive to get but I have taken a blood test but I'm really scared. I don't even know why I'm panicking. Uni? Work? Anxiety? Lonlieness? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Was the sertraline 'prescribed', (don't play doctor). It is prescribed for depression and anxiety which would explain why a doctor might give it to you, given your symptoms. That said, look up 'costachondritis', it can cause harmless but painful chest pain.  [As always, if you do think you're having a heart attack call 911, better safe than sorry]

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You need rest from work atleast 48hours a week.

• 1 month ago

i would just go to the er and get it checked out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.