Kyle asked in SportsHockey · 2 months ago

Opinions on the Tkachuk boys play style in the NHL?

By no means are the tkachuk boys bad athletes, I’d actually say they’re pretty far above average. But I cannot stand how dirty they are in the penalty/nuisance sense. I’m a Boston fan and have always liked the bruins, which in turn means I’m a fan of Marchand. Everyone calls him the rat, but I wouldn’t say that the tkachuk boys are any less of a rat than him, if not more of one.

Favorite Answer

Look at who their role model is? Their father! They grew up watching him be a dirty POS on and off the ice (you can google him to find out more), children emulate what they see growing up. These guys are following what they know, which is you get ahead in life by being dirty/nuisances, that's the only way they know how to get by in life. 

• bryan m
      3 weeks agoReport

Bob, I agree with you, I don't think dad was a dirty player but he was a tough player, he was a big boy and tough however, I personally thought he was a baby, signing contracts and then having a good year and holding out for new contracts, man up, you signed the contract live with it whiner

I haven't seen Brady much but he appears to play a tough honest game, Matthew, he has to rein in his exuberance, he is a good player and running around like a numbskull will come back to haunt him one day, live by the sword die by the sword.

If whining about their playing style yet a fan of Marchand, your words mean nothing.

The bigger question is what the heck has happened to the Boston hockey fan? They all seem to worry about other teams players while harboring some rough individuals of their own. I think this has more to do with the Tkachucks being St. louis boys than anything else. But the funny part is pops is a Boston Boy.   

• Bob

They are both what can be called power forwards,and both  are physical players, and both sometimes cross the line,Brad Marchand is the dirtiest player currently playing in the NHL and one of the 4 or 5 dirtiest I have seen in my 50 years of watching and following the NHL, and no list of the dirtiest players in NHL history-or at least modern NHL history is complete with mentioning Chris Pronger.

• Jay

marchand is the third dirtiest player of all time, only behind avery and mcsoreloser

• David1 month agoReport

Did you miss the last century of hockey? Nobody playing currently comes close to old time hockey. Stick fights between players, players going into the stands to fight fans, more chesp shots because there were less officials and cameras. 
      BTW, the nickname "The Rat" was already taken by Ken Linseman.

• Marchand is beyond dirty and should be on the Tom Wilson suspension program, but it helps when you have two native Bostonians who work in player safety doling out suspensions and two of them have some significant institutional bias and one of them "allegedly" likes to gamble on games. Name it, Marchand has done it. Numerous intent to injure, using the stick as a weapon, slew foots, etc. If you think the Tkachuk brothers are worse, go get help. And your eyes checked.

• bryan m
      3 weeks agoReport

I agree Marchand was just an idiot, he deliberately went out to injure players, I had so hoped someone would have taken him out big time.

• Mike W

They're both power forwards, and are physical players, they're going to take a few penalties.  They're not on pace to take as many penalty minutes as their father did.  I can remember when Ken Linseman was 'The Rat'.