Should I try on my final? I need a 96% to bump my grade to an A? Highest I've done on a test was a 90%?

Anything is possible! Last year I was getting straight Bs on tests in my math class, and I need to get a 94% to keep an A (it seemed impossible). I was determined to raise my grade and I asked the teacher clarification questions and really tried to understand the material. I got a 96% on the test; I was so relieved.

So yes. Try. If you've been getting 90%'s, you are on track to do well on the final! Apply yourself a little more, you're almost there!

You should try no matter what. You don't want to make a bad grade.

Of course you need to try, and try really, really hard.

Do, or Do Not. There is no Try!

Don't try do it!

Absolutely try.

96 percent? That is enormously high. Better study.

Try hard. Really hard.

Yes. I think it can be a good motivator. I had a class where I failed the midterm, but I studied so hard for the final and passed the class. Don't think about your past tests right now. Just focus all of your energy on studying. You should ideally have one full week before the test where you study each day for a few hours. Go over all of your lecture notes, assignment answers, readings, etc. Ask the professor or your classmates for any help on topics you are confused about. Research the topic online and even watch some YouTube videos to get you interested. You can do it.

What do have to lose other than some study time?  Granted, from what you said, it's going to be a tough haul to get a 96%.