Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 11 months ago

Wait JESUES is not the son of god ? 😱😭 Please help me answer?

A friend said aka txt this to me how do i answer 

"Israel is my son, even my firstborn." II Samuel 7:14 and I Chronicles 22:10: "...and he shall be my son (Solomon)." Jeremiah 31:9: "...and Ephraim is my firstborn." Also, Psalm 2:7.The word "Son" must not be accepted literally because God addresses many of his chosen servants as son and sons. The Jews have also claimed Ezra to be the Son of God. The New Testament Greek words used for "son" (pias and paida, which mean servant or son in the sense of servant) are translated as son in reference to Jesus and as servant in reference to others in some translations of the Bible.Further, the term "Father" as used by Jesus corresponds more closely to the term Rabb, i.e. One who nourishes and sustains, so that in Jesus’ doctrine, God is "Father" – Nourisher and Sustainer – of all men. The New Testament also interprets "son of God" to be mystical: "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." (Romans 8:14). This mystical suggestion is further supported with Jesus being called the only begotten Son of God.In Psalm 2:7, the Lord said to David:"...Thou art my son: this day have I begotten thee."Does this mean that God had two sons? Jesus also said that God is not only his Father but also your Father (Matthew 5:45, 48). Luke 3:38 says:"...Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the Son of God."

Who is mentioned in Hebrews 7:3 as like unto the Son of God? It is Melchisedec, King of Salem, as mentioned in Hebrews 7:1. He (Melchisedec) is more unique than Jesus or Adam. Why is he not preferred to be the Son of God? Moreover, Adam did not have a mother or father, but was the first human being created by God and in the likeness of God to exist in the Garden of Eden and on earth. Wouldn’t this give more rights to Adam to be called the Son of God in its truest meaning?

Favorite Answer

Unless people start at the beginning, they will totally misunderstand just who Jesus is, and how He relates to God the Father. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth... And God said, 'Let US make man in OUR image..." Genesis 1. "In the beginning the Word was with God and the Word was God... He made everything that was made... The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We beheld his glory, the glory of the only-begotten who came from the Father, full of grace and truth... the only-begotten Son, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." John 1:1-18

The Word was never made or created but He made everything that was made, logically showing that He could not have been made (created) Himself.  That Word left the Godhead in Heaven to be 'transferred' into the womb of the virgin Mary, to become fully human, that He might fully redeem humanity. He added human nature to His divine nature (for the full magnitude of deity was needed to atone for all the sin ever committed by humanity). This is who Jesus is! Our Creator! Our Savior! Our Lord! But not for all those who try to claim God made Jesus at some point in time. Beware all such groups for they have to twist the scriptures and also to misinterpret them, to support their own ideas.

There's more than one meaning to the word 'son' in the Bible. But carnal people can only think in fleshly terms and procreation. They haven't got a clue. Yes, Adam was truly a son of God, but his Maker - the Word - is the only-begotten (not created) Son of God in an utterly unique sense. The meaning of biblical words is being lost on people today but every word of scripture is God-breathed, with particular meaning, so when sinful people try to wrest the meanings to suit their own ideas, they are accursed.

Just because the word "son" or "firstborn" can be used figuratively doesn't mean that it is only used figuratively.

• User

Here's the deal.

According to the Bible

- Jesus is the only begotten son of God

- there are many other children of God in the Bible, but none of them are begotten sons of God

- for example: Christians are described as adopted sons of God

- for example: Adam, who was created, not begotten, is described as a son of God

Jesus is the Son of God and God the Son.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

So glad you were able to clear that up, after all these years. To take things even further, I suggest a study of the various types of Bible prophecy, coupled with a comprehensive review of the last 2,000 years of Catholic theology and philosophy.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • Jesus is the son of the Deity of God!

You quoted some biblical passages, but there is no proof, or clarity, of what you said. 

@. Norine?  With your many profiles?

Hebrews chapter 1

Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”? Or again, “I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”? And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels worship him.” Of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire.” But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.” And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands; they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment, like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.” And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”? Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?

• Tim

God created man in his image so use the grey matter that God gave you.  Before birth comes conception..  In our limited knowledge we conceive concepts and ideas and give birth to these by language.  Language may be in the form of letters of an alphabet and certain sounds or blueprints and mathematics or whatever form that gives birth and communicates thoughts and ideas.  Of course God, being God, knows all things and His thoughts and concepts are as eternal as He is and have been eternally conceived.  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form.  The Spirit of God moved upon  the face of the waters.  John came baptizing with water and said he that comes after me is preferred before me:  for he was before me.Then something happens.  God says let there be light and there is light.  The Word of God comes forth out of God and there is light and we begin to see the formation of that which has been created.  Psalm 119:130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 Samuel 3

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, neither was the word of the Lord yet revealed unto him.

21 And the Lord appeared again in Shiloh: for the Lord revealed himself to Samuel in Shiloh by the word of the Lord.

John 8:42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 16

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNCHnZCMMqs

Youtube thumbnail

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son" (I John 2:22)!

"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' (Psalm 82:6).

"Jesus replied, “It is written in your own Scriptures that God said to certain leaders of the people, ‘I say, you are gods!" (John 10:34)!

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God" (Romans 8:16)!

3 "Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.

9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?" (Galatians 4:3-9)!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@ Robert De Angelis-Italy-United States

Hahahahahahaha!

Do you see the Word of God given?  I didn't say a word myself (Isaiah 8:20)!

You HATE GOD don't you?  For "the Word is GOD" (John 1:1)!

Where is the Word of God in your answer (Isaiah 8:20) to "PROVE your ministry" (II Timothy 4:5)?

You can't give His Word because all you have are "ACCUSATIONS" (Revelation 12:10) and you CERTAINLY can't "...demonstrate His Spirit and of POWER" to PROVE you're a True Christian (I Corinthians 2:4)!

"...for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" (II Corinthians 6:14)!

"Ye  cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils" (I Corinthians 10:21). 

You've PROVEN to GOD and to man who you serve!

It's RECORDED (Jeremiah 23:24; Matthew 16:19)!

There are two David's

One's which see

And one which sees not.

Ezra means babbeling scribe.

Or, they've got every one writing what they say.

Eye know a man (Not in a mirror, yet mirrored in him), in Salem with a slant on words and an infestation of sandworms.

According to the Yerushalmi (Yer rush shall me), and the Babylonian Tallmud, he's being the son of Noah.