Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 9 months ago

What is the best PC Keyboard and why?

• keerok
    Favorite Answer

The one you already have.

You awarded a Best Answer but I'll answer anyway.

Some people might say the $200 Gaming Keyboards are the best, but other people might not like them.

The Best Keyboard I have ever used for typing is the Amazon Basics Keyboard.. It's only $10-15 but I can type fast and accurately with it.

Keyboards are a very personal part of a computer, and what's best for you will vary depending on how you use your computer.

HyperX Alloy Fps Pro

This keyboard can be used through either a wired or Bluetooth connection. It has a low profile that provides a smooth typing experience. It also has an in-built fingerprint reader that works with Windows Hello.

I think the best keyboard ever made was the Logitech 810.  Bluetooth, flat, lightweight, illuminated keys with built in batteries that you only need to charge every other month.  One keyboard can pair with three devices.  I own three of these keyboards to control nine different computers.  Compliment that with a Logitech MX mouse and you've got it made.

Depends on what you would use it for. Some games might be better with a mechanical switch rather than a dome switch board. For typing documents, many like the old IBM ones from decades ago. Apple computer keyboards are different from Windows ones, and for good reason--function switches. There are many illuminated units that are popular to program switch colors for complicated software.

That is down to personal taste.

I prefer one with mechanical keys. Some people prefer low profile or short travel keys, some like flat / membrane keyboards.

Try different ones in shops/stores and see which you like best.

If you will be using it for gaming, make sure whatever you consider has "N Key rollover" - many cheap keyboards either ignore more than one or two keys pressed at the same time, or generate false key presses.

One with n-key rollover always responds properly no matter how many keys are pressed.

For info, mine is a Corsair K70 with Cherry MX "brown" class keyswitches.

That is one computer part that can cause you problems if you write stories for not all are equal,...the End of line button and the delete button are in different locations and some like Lab-tops are a ***** to get too... I got a ONN and it has the end button off in no man's land...a JSM / Dell and others do not and place them together.....the biggest problem is the control button in the lower left corner I hit with my palm and and any key I'm a page down....but what is the best one in my picture is where the Delete and End button is located for the other keys really or located the same.....